International Day for the Disappeared 2007: Commemoration in Indonesia
31 August 2007 3:31 am
FORUM-ASIA is helping civil society in Indonesia commemorate the International Day for the Disappeared, 31 August 2007. Various events have been organised, including exhibitions, film screenings and rallies, in the effort to push for the ratification of the UN Convention Against Disappearances.
To commemorate the International Day for the Disappeared 2007, Indonesian human rights organizations, including IKOHI, Kontras and more than 20 others, are organizing a variety of events from 26 to 31 August 2007.
The activities include:
- Launching book on and birthday celebration of Wiji Thukul, a prominent popular poet disappeared in 1998.
- Exhibition of the memorabilia of the victims
- Cultural presentation
- Documentary film screening on disappearances from AFAD, Philippines, Nepal, Kashmir, Argentina, Indonesia (8 films)
- Rally to authorities demanding truth and justice for the disappeared
- Book launching and discussion on Indonesian translation of “Nunca Mas” by CONADEP
- Audience with foreign ministry for the signing and ratification of the Convention Against Disappearances
All the activities will be carried out from August 26 to 31, 2007.
For the rights not to be disappeared,
Ratify the Convention NOW!
Ikatan Keluarga Orang Hilang Indonesia – IKOHI
Indonesian Association of Families of the Disappeared
“Victim’s Place for Solidarity Building in Fighting for Justice”
Jl. Kalasan Dalam No. 5, Pegangsaan, Jakarta Pusat 10320
Email: [email protected], Web: www.ikohi.blogspot.com