Workshop: Future of Human Rights and Democracy in Asia (27 July 2015, Bangkok, Thailand)
21 July 2015 2:47 pm
On Monday the 27th July 2015, the Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA) and Asia Democracy Network (ADN) will jointly organize a workshop in Bangkok, Thailand on the Future of Human Rights and Democracy in Asia. The workshop is part of a series of events taking place in the region under the theme of the Future of Human Rights and Democracy in Asia throughout 2015. Click here to read about the first event held in Gwangju, South Korea.
The event aims to reflect on human rights and democracy in the past decades and identify emerging trends and issues in socio-political-economic contexts in Asia. Eventually, the event will help to develop a collective vision and explore ways to create more synergetic impact on the human rights and democracy movement in the future.
Participants to the closed-door workshop will be comprised of members and partners of FORUM-ASIA and ADN, including funding partners. Through interactive participation and discussion, the selected participants will be crucial in providing inputs for the following outputs:
- A time-line of significant moments, achievements and activities in the last decades of the Asian human rights and democracy movement;
- An overview of lessons learned and best practices based on the above mentioned time-line;
- A list of case-studies/examples of work done by the human rights and democracy movement that showcase these lessons learned and best practices;
- A priority list of issues, challenges and opportunities for the human rights and democracy movement of Asia in the coming decades; and
- Suggestions and ideas for strategies and activities to confront the above mentioned issues, challenges and opportunities, based on the lessons learned and best practices from the past.
The workshop is a closed-door event, for more information please contact email@example.com.
Check our website, Facebook and Twitter for more updates on the next sessions of the Future of Human Rights and Democracy in Asia.