Call for applications: The 14th Annual Training and Study Session for Asian Human Rights Defenders
11 August 2010 12:17 am
Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA) would like to announce the opening of the application process for the 14th Annual Training and Study Session for Asian Human Rights Defenders (ATSS), to take place in Bangkok from 17 to 29 October 2010. Since 1997 FORUM-ASIA has been organising the ATSS on an annual basis as part of its efforts to empower Asian human rights defenders to meet challenges, strengthen the human rights movement and promote solidarity and cooperation among the human rights organisations in the Asian region.
Application is open to any human rights activist interested in and working on human rights issues in Asia. Below are some required qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years work experience in local, national or regional human rights NGOs or human rights-related organisations
- Strong indication on how to make use of the knowledge and skills acquired in the training in future advocacy work
- Ability to communicate in English (both spoken and written)
Candidates are required to fill out the Application Form, Questionnaire and to submit them with either of the following documents, as applicable.
- If candidates are from FORUM-ASIA member organizations, please submit a letter of endorsement from the head of the organization.
- If candidates are NOT from FORUM-ASIA member organizations, please submit a letter of recommendation from any of FORUM-ASIA’s 46 member organizations.
Please see the links to these documents at the bottom of this page.
Completed applications must be sent by email to FORUM-ASIA at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date for applications is September 17th (Friday), 2010.
Incomplete applications may result in a low possibility of acceptance. FORUM-ASIA’s Selection Committee consider geographic and gender balance when selecting candidates.
Applicants short-listed for interviews will be interviewed by skype on 20–21 September 2010. Applicants will be informed of their final selection by email before 24 September 2010.
For further information or inquiries, please contact:
Ms. Angkana Kranbuansaeng
Human Rights Training Department, FORUM-ASIA
Links to application documents:
ATSS 2010 Brochure
ATSS 2010 Application Form
ATSS 2010 Questionnaire
ATSS 2010 Recommendation Letter or Endorsement Letter