Korean House for International Solidarity (KHIS)
14 December 2016 11:01 am
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +82 2 736 5808 - 9 Fax: +82 2 736 5810About:
Founded in 2000, KHIS is a human rights advocacy group that works to establish and promote human rights and peace primarily within Asia and the general international community. Our activities include: monitoring Korean companies overseas for human rights violations; attending to problems that arise from multinational transnational enterprises; and dealing with any obstacles on the path to achieving democracy and human rights.
Areas of work:
• Monitoring Korean corporations overseas for human rights violations,
• Supervising the activities of the National Human Rights Commission of Korea, and
• Other affiliated activities concerning democracy and human rights issues in Asia.
Main lines of work:
• Lobbying (organising workshops, interviewing with stakeholders, official inquiry),
• Fact-finding missions and publishing reports,
• Analysing and translating documents and articles on basic human rights, and
• Campaigning (collecting signatures, taking selfie shots, sending postcards).
3F, 14-4, Kyonggidae-ro 11-gil, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, 03746, Rep. of KOREA